Information About Becoming a Volunteer
As a nonprofit organization, MidAmerica volunteers are the backbone of the organization. If you would like the opportunity to help change lives one paw at a time, consider the following:
- Attend a volunteer orientation. Our next orientation is to be determined.
- Be available to assist during our weekly class.
- Class is held at the Hinsdale Community House every Monday from 6:30p to 7:30p (please be available at least 3 out of 4 Mondays per month).
- You will be required to sign a Volunteer Waiver.
- Be comfortable assisting mobility disabled recipients and their service dogs during class.
- We host two fundraising events each year and always need help planning and executing these events. Fundraising efforts go towards acquiring future service dogs and an independent facility to train and raise service dogs.
- Foster homes for puppy socializing and service dogs on furlough from the prison program (must be a volunteer for at least 6 months, in good standing with the organization, and additional requirements are required).